Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Filming / Planning

After writing the initial script for my movie I then decided to send it off to my brother who is a performance student at university and has previous experience from acting in films. The reason I did this was as I wanted to use more professional actors within my film instead of friends or available people.
Also when visiting Southampton I decided this would be the best place to set my film as the environment in the housing area for students is perfect for the feel for the film.
Once i got the yes from my brother who would star as the lead role of Vince I then asked another actor to play the other part and also scouted some settings for which i could film in. With the help of my brother I was able to use one of his friends houses and basement for the film, both of which were perfect for the gritty feel I was aiming for.
After finalising the script I then sent it off to the actors who would be in the film. My next task was to create my animatic and plan a filming schedule. I drew out each camera angle and movement using the programme 'paint' on my computer with detailed annotations for each shot. I then put these into an animatic where i was able to see the form my film will take and the legnth it will be. Once finished i decided that the sequence where Vince is walking, should be longer. I then sent the link to the actors.

This is the animatic.



I then set a shooting schedule for my film which I set aside to be in Half Term, this was I could easily enable to set aside many days for filming with no interruption and I could ensure I get all the shooting done and also I will have more time to shoot more if needed.
During this time i also ensured i had all the right equipment and am using a HD video camera and professional tripod to use so my video is of the highest quality.

My shooting schedule is tuesday 16th - saturday 20th in half February term.

There are other parts of the film i need to film before hand however and these are, the race sequence and the fight sequence.

the dates for these are:
* Race - Friday 12th Feb (night)
* Fight - Monday 15th (night)

No comments: