When looking back at my animatic I decided there was some changes I wished to make in order to make my film more meaningful and powerful.
The first one of these was to not use the shot reverse shot sequence where the character of Matthew is killed by Vince. Instead use a handheld camera to focus on the basement and just hear the audio of the killing instead. I made this decision because the opening sequence is to show Vince and give him a more cheeky friendly vibe to him and however make him more suspicious so by keeping this hidden will re-enforce this hidden background. Also this will re-enforce the feel of secrecy in Vince's lifestyle. This way of filming will seem more creepy and frightening too.
The second change I made was on Vinces monologue. Instead of one long shot of Vince talking towards the camera I wanted to make it more similar to the narration in the movie 'Alfie' with Michael Caine. By having several different shots of different angles with Vince talking about different things in the shots this will make the scene easier to shoot for the actor and also be easier for the audience too as one long shot may be too boring and long. This way the scene is broken up and more creative and friendly.
One more change I want to make is in relation to the documentary, 'Guy Ritchies London.' In this he talks about the new building developments in London. When staying in Southampton on set from the bedroom window there was an amazing view which illustrated this view perfectly and it has a tower block, football stadium and cranes. I decided to use this scenery at the beginning of my film with the radio broadcast used alongside this. Also I wanted to shoot this in the morning between 6 and 7 as the sun rises, so in the edit I can speed it up so the audience sees the sun rise in the city. If this doesnt work or look good I have also filmed the same setting but in a plain normal sunlight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment