Tuesday, 9 February 2010

A2 Film Studies Coursework

For our coursework in A2 film we have to create either part of a film or a short film. For mine I am going to create the opening sequence to a film using directorial influences from the British director, Guy Ritchie.
My film will be in the style of his British Gangster movies, Rock N' Rolla, Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells. When watching these films I thought the visual style and non-linear narratives were very powerful. Also in the film 'Snatch,' there is alot of talk about an underground gambling scene however it isn't fully explored. So I thought I would make a movie which looks more fully into this sort of gambling as it is a narrative which has never been fully explored before and is very interesting.
I Have planned and written a script for the title sequence and from the very start of the film wanted the audience to be conflicted over the lead character after seeing two sides of him. I also wanted the opening scene to address the gambling background to the film and also have an explosive start.
Through the use of influence from Guy Ritchie I would have narration however I wish to twist this slightly and use an influence from another film, which is Ferris Buellers Day Off and have the narration coming from the lead character who is talking directly to the screen. This would show the more happy and good side to Vince however this will be directly conflicted by him killing someone, ending the sequence and thus ending my segment for the film.

No comments: